Aabaco Small Business - Did not cancel account

I closed my business mid-May. I went to the Aabaco website and cancelled my website at the same time.

I have received bills for June and July. I called in June and was told that my website was not cancelled even though the IP address was not accessible. I spoke to the rep for 1/2 hour and finally hung up. It was a ridiculous circular call.

I called again today to cancel my website and billing.

It took FOREVER just to get to the point of cancelling my website billing. I spoke first to Pumar and then Roy. Roy, the supposed manager, informed me that he has cancelled my account and that I will not be charged any further. He is not able to refund my money for the two months that my website was not searchable, because it could have many things that made my website not searchable.

He refused to consider that it was because I cancelled it. I am furious!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Overcharged, Impossible to get refund, Painfully long conversations to get website cancelled, Repetition repetition repetition cancel the website.

Aabaco Small Business - Domain says expired, exp. date should be 2019.

Cannot login to domain. Paid for 3 years validity from 2016. Your order confirmation for #300933928

Thanks for placing an order with Aabaco Small Business!

Order date: 09-30-2016

Order number: 300933928

Total charge: $241.78

Below, you'll find a summary of your order as well as any relevant recurring changes for your records.

Order summary

Today's charge: $65.49

Today's discount: $9.00

Recurring charges: $74.49

Term: 3 years

For more information, please review your billing information anytime.

Please note: If your plan includes a domain, a new domain can take up to 72 hours to activate and will be in a pending state. The pending state occurs for all domain registrations and changes.

Best regards,

The Aabaco Small Business team

Aabaco Small Business - Utterly Dismal Service

I had been with Yahoo Business Web Hosting for 12 years with little problems. Aabaco comes in and my entire email history gets deleted and I had to pay for the original quarterly Yahoo Payment, plus the new payment for their new plan to get it all back.

Sorry, no-can do and we'll give you a refund on the quarterly payment and nearly a year later, a refund has yet to appear. Now, a few days short of 8 months they send me an invoice for payment of my 'yearly' fee! Did I pay for a year or 7 months and change? If all that weren't bad enough, they blocked my account for 3 months 'because I hadn't updated my account info' even though I'd done so when I paid all that money out when the change over came.

They just never bothered to put in the information. Why the *** would you block an account over that? As if all that weren't enough, Yahoo used to allow businesses to use free software to make basic websites or use their own webhosting software.

Now, they want you to pay $7 bucks a month on top of the annual fee for hosting? If I don't get this straightened out on my service call, I'm done with these moneygrubbers....

Aabaco Small Business - I can not get ID and password

3.8
Usability

I have a website called www.microwaveprocessing.com hosted by Yahoo small business. My ID and password do not work.

I spent 3 days so far trying to fix this problem. But so far I failed. Yahoo says that they send me instruction to my email but what email? is it microwaveprocessing.com, where can i find it to get the instruction?

How do I set it up. I tried all advice but so far no good. I need help with soem tutorial please. I did everything as adviced but to no avail so far.

Advice is very general for me.

Is there any tutorials for me to read on each case. The website needs some changes and addition but the information given at the beginning do not work any more such as: host: ftp.microwaveprocessing.com alt.host: ftp.p.webhosting.yahoo.com user ID: microwaveprocessing@microwaveprocessing.com password: {{Redacted}} All I need is my user ID and reset my password

Product or Service Mentioned: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: I need the correct user ID and password.

Preferred solution: help me with my correct user ID and password.

I liked: Friendly cs.

I didn't like: Advice on how to fix my problem.

Aabaco Small Business - Over $2000 in bogus fees

Usability

Feb 28, 2017 I followed all requirements put forth by Aabaco to close my business, cancel and not renew domains. As of today, Jan.

13, 2018 over $2000 in fees have been withdrawn from multiple checking accounts for services I have not received. I have found it is near impossible to locate a phone number to call, let alone find a link to have the issue(s) addressed.

In cancelling my domains, closure of the business, all email addresses are no longer active, making it impossible to access an account to contact Aabaco with concerns or complaint. The next step in my pursuit of resolution is to reach out to the BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Funds withdrawn for closed business.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Business ethic, Refusal to grant refund, Customer service, Impossible to reach customer service.

Comments

Yahoo has switched back to calling itself Yahoo but another company in India. Yahoo is bankrupt and no longer in business but the name and accounts have been sold. The services I paid for stopped working and they held my domain hostage so I could not move it.

Yahoo - AABACO IS TERRIBLE/BAD MOVE

Coverage Area
Style and Design

AABACO will hold your domain hostage, refusing to release it, charge you money without authorization and without telling you beforehand via invoices emailed or snailmailed, and CONTINUE CHARGING YOU AFTER YOU CANCEL YOUR DOMAIN because they refuse to allow you to remove billing info off your account. I tricked them by going to PAYPAL and cancelling payments there and then removing my debit card off of payments, leaving only the PAYPAL that I had cancelled their payments from.

I had $43.95 stolen off my debit card, and they tried to bill paypal 36 hours AFTER they sent me a CANCELLATION CONFIRMATION email. Had I NOT removed my debit card, they would have stolen another $45!! AVOID AVOID AVOID. THERE IS A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM RIGHT NOW FOR THEIR ILLEGAL BILLING PRACTICES, IN CALIFORNIA.

I AM TRYING TO GET IN IT. I cancelled 2 of my 3 domains and DEFINITELY WILL BE TRANSFERRING THE OTHER ONE AWAY FROM THIS RIPOFF COMPANY!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Shame on You Yahoo!!

How dare Yahoo! dump Sitebuilder customers into the hands of such a useless webhosting company as Aabaco???????

Since the migration, my very basic pages can now take up to one minute to load & they tell me "it's fine"??? Fine? Customers aren't going to wait 60 seconds for an ordering page to load.... This is a disgrace!

Considering all the other complaints about them, what'll happen to our files if they go belly-up?? Anyone have ideas on moving to a different host?

GoDaddy says they can't help; I would have to build a new site... I just might do that in order to get away from these A.H.'s....

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Was fine before aaabaco.

I didn't like: Aabaco.

Yahoo / Aabaco worst hosting service ever

WHat a nightmare Yahoo/Aabaco small business hosting has become. What was initially an easy to set up web site 5 years ago, turned into a disaster once Aabaco took over.

Mostly re-set of email and eventually being forced to only use Yahoo's ad polluted, horrible web email for my business email accounts forced me to move to a different host service.

Cancelling with Aabaco is a complete fiasco, spending over an hour on the phone repeating myself over & over again to the non-English "expert" answering every security question on my account in an absolute frustration exercise just to get them to stop billing me for my domain and hosting which had already been transferred weeks ago. If you ever think that Yahoo is likely to provide anything but frustration and misery as a web host, you are kidding yourself.

Aabaco Small Business - Poors support

1.6
Usability

The company recently changed its Site Statistics. I need to do a monthly report for my job.

I can no longer get monthly totals of site visits or individual page visits. The worst part is I being told to use third party software I can't configure because I have no access to logs. When I submit support request, I'm given links to articles that do not pertain to my issues. They broke what didn't need to be fixed and their support has been poor.

I'm now talking with my boss about switching hosts. I can get poor service from free hosting sites.

I know, I've done it before. This company isn't worth doing business with in my opinion.

Aabaco Small Business - Web hosting and small business services

2.0
Usability

AABACO cannot verify I am the domain owner. Their system fails to recognize and send verification information.

So I have had to web or email services for my small business for 3 days now. I am transferring to a competitor. I have 3 tickets open. they always say it will be restored in 24 hours.

never happens. They are refusing to allow my domain registrar transfer! Amazingly unqualified staff! all offshore servicing.

We lost a lot of business and they continue to hold my domain hostage! incredibly unethical company. The phone system to call for support always has a 15 minute wait time. it is usually 45 minutes.

the online customer support chat is 10-25 minutes wait. The chat people are just there to log customer complaints and have no authority to actually correct any errors! The phone support if you wish to wait is also offshore services with better skills however, they do not have authorization to actually repair any issues. The ask for 24 hours to complete just as the chat based sessions.

Their ticketing system, well 3 open tickets and all they do is post links to internal forums that offer no resolution as their domain management software is generating errors! So no real help. they do not seems to test their new software deployments before enacting within their User management systems. Very low skill level of front line employee knowledge base.

Be careful and shop around the competition before deciding.

I am moving the company off their services as soon as I can have the registrar TUCOWS agree on the issue. Also a related company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Preferred solution: rectify my domain issue and allow me to transfer to my new provider unhindered.

I liked: When it was yahoo.

I didn't like: Whole company, Customer service.