Aabaco Small Business - Upon cancellation, they kept my domain name

They kept my domain name. February, 2017 .

I had my website with yahoo on or before January, 2008. After many years of little or no results, Yahoo changed the name of their web hosting to Aabaco . That's when I started looking for another Hosting name. Yahoo was indignant to me and refused cancel my account and continued to charge my credit card.

Yahoo also gave a hard time for me to get back my Domain name. 5starhair.com I modified the spelling of the name and went to Vistaprint.

I would like the (5starhair.com ) domain name transferred to Vistaprint. How can you help me?

Today, 10/12/18, I received a no reply email from Yahoo small business.

IT urges me to renew my Yahoo website within 4 days. Whats UP? Emilio Socci 215 536 8382 Is it a scam? The email is sporting the Yahoo logo?

Review about: Web Hosting Yahoo.

Aabaco Small Business - Charging money without service and cancelation

Usability

Since Aabaca took over the Yahoo small business, it raised monthly charges. I canceled the service in 2016, but they continue billing me, and charge my money from the saved billing info.

I called its customer service today, they refused to refund what they charged 5 days ago. And I was told this is their policy. How can they charge consumers' account-saved info without pre-notice? It is alike robbing clients' money!

A terrible operation, policy and service I couldn't imagine!!! They destroyed yahoo brand and credibility. Don't use this company's service! Since Aabaca took over the Yahoo small business, it raised monthly charges.

I canceled the service in 2016, but they continue billing me, and charge my money from the saved billing info. I called its customer service today, they refused to refund what they charged 5 days ago. And I was told this is their policy. How can they charge consumers' account-saved info without pre-notice?

It is alike robbing clients' money! A terrible operation, policy and service I couldn't imagine!!!

They destroyed yahoo brand and credibility. Don't use this company's service!

Review about: Domain Services Billing Service.

Comments

The Aabaco people have basically disappeared and they keep building me and I can't get a straight answer from anyone I call. One time I was transferred to 6 individuals and still no answer.

Aabaco Small Business - My experiance was horrible after 18 years of being with Yaho

Update by user Aug 02

To make this more clear; I had been with them since 2000 when they were Yahoo and people cared. I believe I spoke to them in the beginning when hosting my website; but, after that they never heard from me [bill was paid automatically] until they became Aabaco and thats when ALL THE TROUBLE BEGAN!

Update by user Aug 02

I need to make this clear; they never resolved any problems made you out to be the difficult one and liar. They would call you a liar and write untruths in their notes.

Call you cheap because you didn't want to pay more than the plan price. They ask you for the first 6 numbers of your credit card and the last 4 so they can I believe scam a person. When you report this, they act like its o.k..

Yahoo was far better but, Aabaco is terrible. I dont think that I have ever delt with such a dishonest group of people in my life.

Original review posted by user Aug 02

I have been totally lied to, disrespected, and they've done illegal business practices, [ taken money from me and not honored the full year plus 1 month; only 9 months, over charged me for the plan since they've taken over.] They value women less than their water buffaloes. They have no problem expressing that.

They lack integrity and honesty, play like their the supervisors and a lot of games; plus, keep you on hold or the phone for hours while they figure out their next dishonest strategy towards you [call you names and start yelling to try and intiminate you.] They are not based in California as their address states; but, in India. Tried to get me to pay $143.88 for a plan when the plan is $80.00 and then told me they would credit me back $63.88 after I paid the payment. They can't even tell you what the plans are about and they work in customer service~tech support?

My other website I paid the full year & they never hosted it and wouldn't honor anything. None of them ever phone you back as managers or department heads.

Review about: Aabaco Small Business Technical Support.

I liked: When it was yahoo, Ease in creating website.

I didn't like: Overcharged, Refusal to grant refund, Calling so many times to solve the problem, Impossible to get refund, Customer service.

Aabaco Small Business - Did not cancel account

701 1st Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA 0 comments

I closed my business mid-May. I went to the Aabaco website and cancelled my website at the same time.

I have received bills for June and July. I called in June and was told that my website was not cancelled even though the IP address was not accessible. I spoke to the rep for 1/2 hour and finally hung up. It was a ridiculous circular call.

I called again today to cancel my website and billing.

It took FOREVER just to get to the point of cancelling my website billing. I spoke first to Pumar and then Roy. Roy, the supposed manager, informed me that he has cancelled my account and that I will not be charged any further. He is not able to refund my money for the two months that my website was not searchable, because it could have many things that made my website not searchable.

He refused to consider that it was because I cancelled it. I am furious!!!

Review about: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Overcharged, Impossible to get refund, Painfully long conversations to get website cancelled, Repetition repetition repetition cancel the website.

Aabaco Small Business - Domain says expired, exp. date should be 2019.

Cannot login to domain. Paid for 3 years validity from 2016. Your order confirmation for #300933928

Thanks for placing an order with Aabaco Small Business!

Order date: 09-30-2016

Order number: 300933928

Total charge: $241.78

Below, you'll find a summary of your order as well as any relevant recurring changes for your records.

Order summary

Today's charge: $65.49

Today's discount: $9.00

Recurring charges: $74.49

Term: 3 years

For more information, please review your billing information anytime.

Please note: If your plan includes a domain, a new domain can take up to 72 hours to activate and will be in a pending state. The pending state occurs for all domain registrations and changes.

Best regards,

The Aabaco Small Business team

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Aabaco Small Business - Utterly Dismal Service

I had been with Yahoo Business Web Hosting for 12 years with little problems. Aabaco comes in and my entire email history gets deleted and I had to pay for the original quarterly Yahoo Payment, plus the new payment for their new plan to get it all back.

Sorry, no-can do and we'll give you a refund on the quarterly payment and nearly a year later, a refund has yet to appear. Now, a few days short of 8 months they send me an invoice for payment of my 'yearly' fee! Did I pay for a year or 7 months and change? If all that weren't bad enough, they blocked my account for 3 months 'because I hadn't updated my account info' even though I'd done so when I paid all that money out when the change over came.

They just never bothered to put in the information. Why the *** would you block an account over that? As if all that weren't enough, Yahoo used to allow businesses to use free software to make basic websites or use their own webhosting software.

Now, they want you to pay $7 bucks a month on top of the annual fee for hosting? If I don't get this straightened out on my service call, I'm done with these moneygrubbers....

Review about: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Aabaco Small Business - I can not get ID and password

3.8
Usability

I have a website called www.microwaveprocessing.com hosted by Yahoo small business. My ID and password do not work.

I spent 3 days so far trying to fix this problem. But so far I failed. Yahoo says that they send me instruction to my email but what email? is it microwaveprocessing.com, where can i find it to get the instruction?

How do I set it up. I tried all advice but so far no good. I need help with soem tutorial please. I did everything as adviced but to no avail so far.

Advice is very general for me.

Is there any tutorials for me to read on each case. The website needs some changes and addition but the information given at the beginning do not work any more such as: host: ftp.microwaveprocessing.com alt.host: ftp.p.webhosting.yahoo.com user ID: microwaveprocessing@microwaveprocessing.com password: {{Redacted}} All I need is my user ID and reset my password

Review about: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: I need the correct user ID and password.

Preferred solution: help me with my correct user ID and password.

I liked: Friendly cs.

I didn't like: Advice on how to fix my problem.

Aabaco Small Business - Terrible hosting service

A good client moved to Abaco last year and immediately became almost impossible to serve. After lengthy joint phone calls we got things working.

Now there is need a few months later for new pages, and I can't login with FTP. And there is nowhere on their "Help" links to talk to a human. This is costing me valuable time, and possibly costing my client important sales. When dealing with other hosting providers like GoDaddy, 1and1 or Network Solutions, there is always someone available to answer the tech questions.

With Yahoo’s Abaco system there is an obvious effort to force the user to do their own research.

It is like being lost in a hall mof mirrors. The current problem is not solved after struggling 2 days with an effort to get answers.

Review about: My Client Bought A Hosting Plan.

Aabaco Small Business - Site still not working

1.7
Usability

I have had a Yahoo Small business website dor my hair salon for about 9 months. It worked awesome until 3 months ago.

Now does not pull up. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with customer service. They are in India. They could not fix it.

Go a hold of the lady that sold us the product. She said it is working.

It's NOT Working. Horrible customer service

Review about: Website.

Aabaco Small Business - Over $2000 in bogus fees

Usability

Feb 28, 2017 I followed all requirements put forth by Aabaco to close my business, cancel and not renew domains. As of today, Jan.

13, 2018 over $2000 in fees have been withdrawn from multiple checking accounts for services I have not received. I have found it is near impossible to locate a phone number to call, let alone find a link to have the issue(s) addressed.

In cancelling my domains, closure of the business, all email addresses are no longer active, making it impossible to access an account to contact Aabaco with concerns or complaint. The next step in my pursuit of resolution is to reach out to the BBB.

Review about: Aabaco Small Business Web Hosting.

Reason of review: Funds withdrawn for closed business.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Business ethic, Refusal to grant refund, Customer service, Impossible to reach customer service.

Comments

Yahoo has switched back to calling itself Yahoo but another company in India. Yahoo is bankrupt and no longer in business but the name and accounts have been sold. The services I paid for stopped working and they held my domain hostage so I could not move it.